So, as per requests on Instagram, I am sharing my skin care routine and the products I use to take care of my skin. Just a disclaimer that I don’t have a perfect skin, but it’s been a lot better than it used to be.
This routine is suitable for oily/dry combination skin.
I use a double-cleansing technique both in the morning and in the evening before I go to bed. This means I use a micellar water to cleanse off any oil, dirt and dead skin cells that builds up during my sleep or during the day and could clog up my pores. After wiping my face with Garnier Micellar Water for the first thing in the morning/evening, I rinse my face with a creamy, brightening cleanser. Then I rewipe my face with micellar water after washing my face to have any residual dirt/makeup removed. And there always is, you will see! Then I go through the following steps:
1. Put a few drops of face toner on your palm and pat it on your face. I use the “Rose Hydration Face Toner” by fresh.
2. Use a serum that contains Vitamin C to brighten your skin and helps with any hyperpigmentation. I use the “Balancing Skin Concentrate” by Your Good Skin.
3. Use a water-based moisturiser/gel that is oil free. It keeps your skin stay hydrated without making it oily. I use the “HydraLuminous WaterSurge Gel” by N7. During days when my skin feels drier than normal, I use the “HydraLuminous Water Concentrate” instead, also by N7.
4. Use a facial mist either before or after you apply your makeup. I use it before makeup because my skin tends to get shiny if I use it after but if your skin goes on the drier side of the spectrum, do this after your makeup. I use the “Re-Fresh Hydrating Beauty Mist” by CLARINS.
5. Then you can go on with your normal makeup routine. I repeat the routine for the evening as well after I remove my makeup. Make sure you wipe your face with micellar water before and after you wash your face, to make sure your pores are absolutely clean before you put on any serum. Double cleansing really made a difference on my skin health.
For mask treatments, say when I have the occasional breakout here and there or when my skin feels stressed and tired, I use these two masks. I do this a few times a week.
1. “The Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask” by The Body Shop.
2. “SOS Hydra Refreshing Hydration Mask” by CLARINS.
For treating spots, I use the spot treatment provided by my dermatologist called the “Differin Gel”. This is a prescription treatment so you might need to consult with your GP/dermatologist.
It’s important you try to find suitable alternative products once every 6 months or so at least, since our skin can get used to a particular product and at times stops working. I do this with my mask treatments and Vitamin C serums. Also make sure you:
1. Change your pillow cases often and your bed sheets.
2. Maintain a good personal hygiene.
3. Drink enough water and have enough greens/fruits during the day.
4. Disinfect your glasses 👓 (for your eyes) frequently, as well as your laptop/computer keyboard.
5. Don’t touch your face when you haven’t washed your hands.
6. If you can, substitute cow’s milk with a plant-based milk like Almond, Soya or Oat Milk for your cereal or coffee/tea. Don’t do Coconut Milk because it contains a high amout of saturates. Go on caffeine breaks every now and then. NO soft drinks!
7. Have enough sleep (at least 8 hours). Go to bed no later than 11pm-12am.
Just ping me if you have any questions. Hope this helps!
Featured Image Credit: Pinterest/Melissa Louise at https://www.melissalouise.co.za/